Thursday, January 15, 2015

Here's to you, 2015!

I'm starting off the new year with a new approach to my Project Life memory keeping.  Keep it simple.  Keep it modern.  Keep it MANAGEABLE.  

For the first half-week of the year, I included a few images that came from a free MAMBI printable.  I just downloaded the file, opened it in Photoshop Elements, and cropped the cards that I wanted.  (Get yours here:  http://www.meandmybigideas.com/blog/2014/12/24/freebie)

I also wanted to use a lot of white space and gray text to keep the focus on my photos.  Even though they're just from my iphone, I feel like they're still the heart of the reason I even bother scrapbooking at all.  Pictures are my world, ya'll.  If my house was burning, my external hard drive would be the only material thing I would care about grabbing.  

Since I really only had three days worth of photos/stories to fill both pages, I loved utilizing a different layout, and also being able to incorporate some goals for the year in there (as well as a few other tidbits.) 

Since I'm a little behind finishing last year's book, I have set a goal to finish three weeks worth of PL each week this year.  I will keep up to date and complete a layout for the previous week, as well as two weeks from 2014.  Hopefully I should catch up soon, and I can print out my entire album from Shutterfly.  The suspense of seeing the finished product has got to be the only major downside of going digital.  Other than that, I love this moden, no mess, no muss approach.  

Here's to you, 2015!  


No comments:

Post a Comment