Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Think Pink

Warm spring weather is just around the corner, and I may be guilty of already dressing like it's here. I'm LOVING all things pink, and I admittedly wear it all year round.  Bright, obnoxious pink.  And if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

But there is a way to incorporate it into your wardrobe without looking like Barbie's Little Shop of Horrors.  Here's some of my favorite ways to include one of my most loved hues in a good way.

Orly's Beach Cruiser

Best described as a "fluorescent pink cream," this polish is like a highlighter, in the best way possible.  If it's a little too loud for your taste, the other pink I always reach for is Essie's Bachelorette Bash

Still pink and lovely, just a little more toned down.  


Uh.mah.gah.  uh.  mah.  gah.  These might be the most perfect shoes the world has ever known.  Ever.
Such a fun pop of color with a little black dress or a wedding gown.  Hell, wear them while you're vacuuming.  LOVE! (Am I the only one that likes to wear new shoes around the house when I first get them?)

A more practical option: RSVP Jutte
At $79, these are a little more in my price range than the Kate Spade beautes, and these are still beautiful.


Kendra Scott Harlow Necklace and Morgan Earrings



It's no secret that I'm a HUGE Kendra Scott fan, and she just released some of my favorite pieces in both magenta and neon pink.  I own these pieces in magenta, and the color is GORGEOUS!  You really can pair this color with so many others for a classy pop of color.  I love it with navy, purple, turquoise, and even a warm pumpkin orange.  Perfection, Ms. Scott. Perfection.

NYX Lip Pencil in Fuchsia
This is a beautiful fuchsia shade that I think would look great on a variety of skin tones.  I believe mine was under $5 at Ulta, makes my teeth look crazy white and stays on pretty well.  What's better than that?  I use it to fill in my entire lip, and use a clear gloss on top when I want the true color, a muted nude shade on top when I don't want it as vibrant, and I use Revlon Color Burst Lip Gloss in Adorned


when I want some seriously pink lips.  The gloss is beautiful on it's own also.  These have been some of my favorite lip products of the last few months.  You wouldn't think bright pink could be as versatile as it really can be.

Featherweight Cardigan 

Am I the only one that longingly looks through the JCrew catalog imagining what my closet would look like if I won the lottery and didn't have to worry about spit up and chewed puffs all over my clothes?  Anyone?  No?

Well, a hot pink cardigan is always a beautiful addition to a wardrobe, and can be worn to work or utilized on a casual day.  If my wallet was bottomless and my clothes stayed pristine, I'd pair this bad boy with a pattered cotton shirt.  (Polka dots would be at the top of my list).

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Amused

If you aren't familiar with the amazingness that is Tarte's Amazonian clay blushes, get one or two of these in your life.  You deserve it.  Blush will last you forever, and these colors/formulas are beautiful. Easy to apply, awesome color payoff, and they stay put for hours.  This color in particular gives you that "just in out of the snow" look like Jack Frost has been doing some nippin' (wait...that sounded like something altogether different than what I meant...)  You get the idea.  Natural, youthful color.  There. No more nippin' references.  

Even if you're not the biggest fan of pink, try it.  Just try.  It's a great color for your complexion, and it's fun and girly.  What are your favorite pink items?

No comments:

Post a Comment